DEAR EDITOR – Labelled by one headline on the Copenhagen summit, what have been the highlights?
- A conference based on emotions, pseudoscience and hysteria more than anything else.
- Climate science receiving more of a battering with hacked emails suggesting that scientists had manipulated data to bolster their argument that human activities were causing global warming.
- Al Gore making alarmist outlandish claims of ice caps melting within 5 years only to have those claims vehemently denied by the climatologist upon whose research this was based. He subsequently had to cancel his money making 'light snacks and photo opportunity' side show in Copenhagen lest an awakened audience ask an inconvenient question.
- Protesters and activists running riot when nonviolence is supposed to be the core value
- Tuvalu taking centre stage with a champion who is not Tuvaluan and when most of the nation may not actually believe in climate change. Did 10,000 people really think they could hold 7 billion people at ransom?
- Money promised to the developing world but will we live to see a penny of it as it may just go to prop up banks and economies as the global recession worsens
- A booming climate industry run by economists masquerading as climate scientists and who have vested interests and links to carbon trading companies.
And all of this while 2008, on record is the 10th coldest year since 1850. One would think the theory should be revised to global freezing.
Regardless, the sky is still falling according to the ‘chicken lickens’.
|< Prev||Next >|